Mayan Ruins, Ancient Ceremonial Caves, then out to the white sand cayes of Glover’s Atoll for paddling, snorkeling and reef exploration
- A private tour of an ancient Mayan ceremonial cave filled with thousand year old pottery and artefacts.
- Mayan ruins of Xunantunich and discover San Ignacio, western Belize's most colorful and friendly town.
- Five perfect days exploring the stunning beauty and extraordinary underwater world of Glover's Reef Atoll National Marine Reserve.
- Sea kayaking, snorkeling, paddleboarding and a full range of activities led by Belize's finest guides.
- World class flyfishing and excellent Belizean style handline fishing fun for the whole family.
- Delicious, fresh caught seafood, tropical fruits and and local cuisine.
- Stay at a unique, Adventure Basecamp on Southwest Caye in the middle of a protected Marine Reserve.
- Select departures feature certified yoga teachers. Yoga Schedule
Meals: Dinner is included on this night
Arrive at the Belize International Airport, where you will be met by an Island Expeditions' representative and transferred to Cahal Pech Village Resort. Airport transfer, lodging and dinner are included.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, (Dinner On Own in San Ignacio)
A full day of adventure and exploration as we hike through rainforest to the Chech’Em Ha Cave system, a multi-chambered series of caves rich with ceremonial altars and Mayan artifacts. After a lunch and a swim we head to the ancient Mayan city of Xunantunich. (shoo- nan- tunich) Here, we travel back through centuries to the world of ancient kings, temples, plazas and the renowned ball courts. In the evening stroll into San Ignacio, meet the local people, and choose where to enjoy dinner in town.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Drive the scenic Hummingbird Highway through the Maya Mountains to the coast and then by water taxi 36 miles offshore to our basecamp on Glover’s Reef Atoll. When we arrive, enjoy lunch al fresco, then guides provide professional instruction - teaching sea kayaking, snorkeling, and safety in tropical seas before heading out on the water. From here, you can expect to be pampered by our staff with delicious food and perfect days of sun, turquoise clear waters, coral reefs and a full range of adventure sports to choose from each day.
Meals: Breakfast, Packed Lunch
Our boat charter departs mid morning to take you back to the mainland. Your trip finishes in the Garifuna town of Dangriga, where our logistics and support staff will coordinate your land or air connections.
The Places We Stay
Dates and Prices
Start Date -
Start Date -
Start Date -
You can see more photos on our general gallery page here.
Add to your trip experience with these trip extensions