Cancellations and Refunds
Of course we regret any cancellations and our cancellation policy is as flexible and understanding as possible. Many of our trip costs are incurred well in advance of trip departures and other travelers may have been turned away because the trip is full. All cancellations must be received at our office in writing and refunds will be issued according to the following schedule:
For new trips booked through 2021
- A $200 deposit per person is required to confirm your booking.
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule your trip for any reason, before your final payment is due, your deposit is fully transferable for any future travel without time limitations.
- Your final payment is due 30 days before your trip start date. If you need to cancel or reschedule your trip date within 30 days of your departure date, 75% of your trip costs will be credited towards any future travel with us.
- If government travel restrictions or international airport closures do not make your trip possible on your scheduled travel date, we will reschedule your trip when it is safe to travel again, without limitations.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase airfare, trip cancellation, and travel medical insurance.
- If a guest must cancel their trip prior to departure and they can supply a replacement, only a $200 administration fee will be charged. The canceling client is fully responsible for finding replacement clients in order to receive a trip refund.
- In the unlikely event Island Expeditions may need to cancel a trip due to insufficient participants, the client will receive a full refund for their land portion of the trip.