Island Expeditions Co Ltd Life Time Deposit & Cancellation Terms
‘Life Time’ Trip Deposit
For all trips booked after March 31st, 2022 your trip deposit is now protected with our ‘Life Time’ deposit terms.
- A $300 ‘Life Time’ deposit for each traveler is required to reserve your booking. If you need to delay or cancel, your deposit can be transferred without costs or time limitations to any scheduled Island Expeditions trip in the future.
- Life Time Trip deposit is fully transferable to whomever you choose.
- Only one deposit per person can be assigned to a booking. If a person is combining one or more trips for their departure only a single deposit is charged per person.
Your final payment is due 60 days before your Island Expeditions trip departure date.
Trip deposit plus full balance of payment is due for any trips booked within 60 days of trip departure.
Canceling or Rescheduling
If you cancel your trip 60 days or more before your scheduled departure, your ‘Life Time’ deposit is retained by Island Expeditions and may be applied to any other scheduled Island Expeditions trips without time limitations or additional costs.
If you cancel your trip and written notice of cancellation is not received in our office prior to 59 days before trip departure and if the balance of payment has not been paid at that time, then the trip deposit will be considered a portion of the balance of payment due and will be refunded according to Cancellation Policy for Balance of Payment.
Cancellation Policy for Balance of Payment
Balance of payment for your trip is due 60 days prior to the trip departure for all trips. If you need to cancel or reschedule your trip within 60 days of your departure date the following refund schedule applies for the balance of payment due:
- 60+ days prior to departure: your ‘Life Time’ deposit is retained but will remain valid to transfer to any future trip with no additional charges.
- 30 - 59 days prior to departure: 50% of the full cost of the trip minus your ‘Life Time’ deposit is retained. You still keep your deposit value to apply to any future trip that you book with us.
- 29 - 0 days the full amount of the trip cost minus your ‘Life Time’ deposit is retained. You still keep your deposit value to apply to any future trip that you book with us.
If you cancel your trip within 60 days of departure and you are able to provide a suitable replacement to fill your space only a $200.00 administration fee will be charged.
We strongly recommend you purchase airfare, trip cancellation and travel medical insurance.
Custom trips may have different deposit and cancellation policies.
Acknowledgement of Risk, Release of Liability and Medical Form are required to be completed and signed by all trip participants prior to departure.
In the unlikely event Island Expeditions needs to cancel a trip due to insufficient participants, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid to Island Expeditions for your trip.
Covid Cause Cancellation
If it becomes unsafe or not possible for Island Expeditions to operate the trip because of Covid regulations, border closures or travel bans, Island Expeditions will reschedule your trip for another date when it is once again safe and practical to travel. You will retain a travel credit with us equal to the monies paid for trip services provided by Island Expeditions. Hotels, flights, meals or other services arranged through our office but not provided by Island Expeditions may be subject to cancellation fees that are beyond our control.