Belize Independent Travel
Traveling before or after your Island Expeditions trip? Contact Katie at email@example.com for all your arrangements. Familiar with our itineraries and logistics, reliable and efficient, Katie has been looking after our guests arrangements for over 6 years and will respond to your enquiries with in 24 hours.
- www.gloversreef.org - The Glovers Reef advisory committee sits annually to discuss issues around Glovers Reef Marine Reserve
- www.belizeaudubon.org - The Belize Audubon Society is a non-profit, non-governmental membership organization dedicated to the promotion of the sustainable use and preservation of our natural resources in order to maintain a balance between people and the environment.
- www.belizezoo.org - The Belize Zoo and Tropical Education Center was started in 1983, as a last ditch effort to provide a home for a collection of wild animals which had been used in making documentary films about tropical forests. Today, the zoo continues its important work as a wildlife education center.
Important pre-trip information.
- www.cdc.gov - Travel health information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Includes reference material, recommendations by geographic region, and much more.
- www.lonelyplanet.com/health - Practical advice on pre-departure planning, keeping healthy, women's issues, etc., from the publisher of Lonely Planet guidebooks.
- www.healthcanada.gc.ca - Government health resource site for Canadians traveling abroad.
- www. tmvc.com - Travel Medicine & Vaccination Center is a privately funded medical organization specializing in providing vaccinations and related medical services to travelers venturing to tropical and developing countries.
The latest weather conditions in Belize.
- www.weather.com - The Weather Channel's site has forecasts and maps galore.
- www.intellicast.com - Intellicast bills itself as the weather site for active travelers.
- www.wunderground.com - The Weather Underground. A useful "just the facts" world weather tracking resource.
A few websites to help you on your way.
- Wikipedia - A great starting point to answer all of your questions regarding Belize.
- www.travelbelize.org - By car, bus, or air, this is your contact list to the Belize local transport network.
- www.belizenet.com - A useful and comprehensive website on the country of Belize.
- www.belize-trips.com - A good travel option for those looking to extend their travels in Belize beyond the Island Expeditions trips. Email Katie Valk and tell her Island Expeditions sent you! ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- www.bargaintravel.com - A discount bargain travel website, with access to airline consolidator flights from most US cities.
- www.tripadvisor.com - The web's best source for unbiased hotel reviews and travel information
Clothing, Gear & Products
Sites to help you get fully outfitted for your adventure
- www.taigaworks.ca - Taiga Works is an outdoor gear & sports clothing company producing leading edge outdoor gear including down jackets, fleece apparel, cycle wear, hats, tents, sleeping bags, backpacks and kayaks.
- www.mec.ca - Mountain Equipment Co-op is a socially and environmentally responsible retail co-operative. Owned and directed by its membership, they provide quality products and services at the lowest reasonable price.
- www.ecomarine.com - An excellent resource for all of your paddling needs. Browse their online store or sign up for one of their many kayaking courses. Ecomarine has been an enduring institute for the paddling community of British Columbia.
- www.patagonia.com - Patagonia is world famous for its quality clothing and gear. Visit their online store, read thought provoking articles, gaze at some fabulous photos.
- www.mountainhardwear.com - Mountain Hardwear is an innovative maker of tents, bags, and expedition clothing. See their great products and locate a dealer near you.
- www.altrec.com - Altrec is a new online store featuring gear and clothing from a variety of top brand names. Check out their online scout service to help you select just the right stuff.
- www.eaglecreek.com - Eagle Creek manufactures unique, innovative, and durable adventure travel gear. The site also includes travel and packing tips from their expert staff.
- www.ritzcamera.com - One of the most complete online stores for all your camera and video needs.
- www.cascadedesigns.com - Cascade Designs has been a premier manufacturer of quality outdoor equipment since 1973. View their full line of outdoor and travel related products with their online catalog.
- www.aire.com - Aire is the #1 manufacturer of inflatable rafts in North America. Island Expeditions proudly uses Aire's inflatable kayaks on their river adventures.
- www.necky.com - Tried tested and true, Necky produces quality, expedition worthy sea and river kayaks.
- www.msrcorp.com - Rugged and dependable tents that are built to last.
- ww.confluencewatersports.com - Confluence Watersports is an industry leading manufacturer of premium kayaks and canoes and paddlesports accessories including Wave Sport, Mad River Canoe, Wilderness Systems and Voyageur.
- www.dreamsack.com - An excellent website for all of your silk needs. Comfy clothes and accessories, as well as their original Dreamsack, which is a perfect supplement for a lightweight sleeping bag.
Passport and Embassy
Everything you need to know about passports, plus a list of embassies worldwide.
- www.travel.state.gov - The US State Department site with everything you need to know about passports and the overseas services this agency offers travelers.
- www.canada.gc.ca - The Canadian passport office.
- www.embassy.org - A list of all embassies in Washington D.C.
Important traveling information.
- www.travel.state.gov - The US State Department site provides travelers with overseas information and services.
- www.voyage.gc.ca - Canadian Foreign Affairs website provides consular services to Canadian travelers abroad.
Set your watch to the most accurate clock on the Internet.
- www.worldtimeserver.com - Find out what time it is, just about anywhere on the planet.
- Best eco lodges features the top green hotels, eco lodges and eco resorts in the world.
- www.wildthings.com - An excellent portal site for adventurous travel, environmental information, and extreme sports.
- www.paddletrips.net - WaterWays is a site created by paddlers, for paddlers. We list descriptions of fresh and salt water kayak & canoe trips in Maine, New England, the U.S., and beyond. Our trip descriptions include road maps, paddle maps, photos, trip details, distances, safety tips, and more.
- www.adventureguide.com - Adventure Guide is the one-stop search engine that focuses on the two fastest growth sectors in global tourism: Adventure & Eco-tours. Quickly access more than 150 of the world's most exciting destinations to explore.
- www.2adventure.com - 2adventure.com will tell you where you can find good travel deals, tours, news and information about adventures travel, interesting and exotic destinations and fun activities.
- www.caribya.com - Caribya! provides detailed coverage of the entire region – from the largest islands to the smallest cays, from the busiest tourism hot spots to the quietest villages deep in the rain forest.