Welcome to the Lighthouse Getaway Pre-Trip Information Page!
Below, we have provided links to our Essential Information Package, and the associated information that you need to review prior to your departure to Belize.
Lighthouse Reef Adventure Basecamp on Half Moon Caye, Belize
If you have trouble accessing the documents, please refer to the bottom of this page, or contact our office at 1-800-667-1630 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: denotes that you must review this information prior to your departure. To make the process clear, the procedures are outlined in the following steps:
STEP 1: PURCHASE INSURANCE
All trip participants are required to get Travel Medical / Evacuation Insurance. We also strongly suggest that you purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance. Some insurance packages include both bundled together. Island Expeditions recommends World Nomads Travel Insurance. Click here for a link to get a quote:
Travel Medical Evacation Insurance with World Nomads
There are several places that you can get Travel Medical / Evacuation Insurance, including your automobile club (AAA or CAA). You may even have some form of these policies included with your credit card, please look closely at your credit card details for this information.
STEP 2: CONSIDER YOUR PLANS BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR TRIP
Have you considered any extra time in Belize before or after your scheduled trip? Below is a link to some suggestions, and we're happy to give you some advice on travelling anywhere in the country.
STEP 3: REVIEW THE PLANNING GUIDE
The following Trip Preparation Guide is to properly prepare for your travels to Belize. This package includes your arrival logistics, trip packing list, tips for conditioning, extra information on fishing, background material on the country, etc.
STEP 4 - REVIEW CHECKLIST AND SUBMIT FORMS
Included in this section is a helpful planning and need-to-do list, and links to documentation we require you to complete.
To Do List
- Immediately after booking: Check passport expiry date (be sure your passport expiry date is at least three months after date of arrival)
- Note: A notarized document is required for any children travelling with you (if one parent or guardian is not accompanying you).
- As soon as your travel dates are set: Reserve international flights to Belize
- International Flight Information
- Print e-tickets and double check flight itinerary
- As soon as your travel dates are set: Check your required inoculations are up to date
- At least 30 days before departure: Each participant must fill out the Travel Information & Medical + Release of Liability & Waiver Form
OPTION 1: TO SUBMIT THE FORM ONLINE:
1) Click on the image below to be taken to our secure online Travel Information & Medical Form + Release of Liability & Waiver in a new browser window or tab.2) In the form, please enter your first and last name plus your email address to start the e-signature process.
OPTION 2: TO SUBMIT THE FORM BY FAX:
1) Click on the link to open a PDF version of our Travel Information & Medical Form + Release of Liability & Waiver.
- 15-21 days before departure: Receive a letter with final rendezvous information (if you are leaving prior to this, please contact our office)
- 7 days before departure: Make two photocopies of passport - one to carry with you and one to leave with family or friends
- Anytime: Gloat as friends and family members look on with envy!
STEP 5: REVIEW & PRINT OFF ISLAND EXPEDITIONS CONTACT INFORMATION
Please download the Emergency Contact information and print off two copies. Please carry one with you and leave one version at home with family or friends so they can contact you in case of an emergency (please note this form is for your reference and is not to be returned to our office). The Emergency Contact form can be accessed below.