Spring is a wonderful time of year to visit Belize with great events to experience and many activities to enjoy.
Here’s your planning guide to spring in Belize:
Spring Weather in Belize
April and May is the end of the dry season in Belize, with average high temperatures of 87°F (31°C) and lows of around 79°F (26°C). Days are typically dry and if there is rain it will be a short shower. June through to October is the green season and you can expect warm, sunny days with showers overnight and in the afternoon.
Spring Events in Belize
- Easter April 19-22, 2019: Join the Easter festivities as this important holiday is celebrated across Belize.
- Belize Chocolate Festival May 24, 2019: The Toledo Cacao Festival, in Southern Belize celebrates the Maya culture through traditional Maya chocolate along with other chocolate-related products from local farmers and manufacturers.
- Cashew Festival May 11-12, 2019: The annual Belize Cashew Festival and Agriculture Show is hosted in Crooked Tree Village, Belize District, artisans, chefs, and local cashew farmers come together for this two-day event to display a wide range of cashew products.
- June Lobster Festivals: Lobster season in Belize opens on June 15. Lobster Fest will be hosted at San Pedro, Placencia and Caye Caulker. The festivals feature beach parties, live entertainment, concerts and of course delicious lobster meals.
Spring Activity Ideas
- Whale Shark Watching: From April through June (when the snapper spawn) the massive and docile whale sharks make their way to Gladden Split, near Placencia. Despite their size, whale sharks are remarkably gentle and curious and swimming with them is a ‘bucket list’ item for many divers and snorkelers.
- Visit the Ancient Mayan Ruins of Belize: Some of the best sites to visit include Lamanai, Xunantunich, Cahal Pech, Caracol and Altun Ha.
- Birding: Beautiful Belize boasts some of the best birding in the Americas.
- Zipline: Experience the longest zipline in Belize, located in the Mayflower Bocawina National Park.
- Waterfall Rappelling: Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures offers two different waterfall rappeling excursions
Zipline at Bocawina, Belize
Spring Belize Trip Ideas
We offer a number of year-round Belize adventure packages:
Embark on a journey that takes you from the pristine tropical rainforest of Mayflower Bocawina National Park to a secluded island in Southwater Caye Marine Reserve on the Belize Barrier Reef.
The Bocawina – Hopkins Jungle and Beach Explorer combines a four night active adventure at Bocawina Rainforest Resort with three nights in the beachside community of Hopkins.
Hopkins - Belize
The Bocawina – Placencia Jungle and Beach Explorer combines a four night active adventure at Bocawina Rainforest Resort with three nights in the beachside community of Placencia.
Travel off-the-grid to a jungle lodge and eco-resort in the southern Maya Mountains.
A three-day inland adventure to Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary, home to some of the best birding and wildlife viewing in Belize.
Explore the wilds of western Belize by descending into Mayan Archaeological caves, climbing towering temples, and exploring vibrant markets. Travel inland to explore the Che Chem Ha Pottery Caves and the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich.
Are you planning on visiting Belize this spring?
If you need help planning your trip, chat to one of our Belize travel specialists at 1.800.667.1630 or email email@example.com