Summer is the time to discover Belize during the quiet ‘green’ season, from climbing to the top of ancient Mayan ruins, zip-lining through the Mayflower Bocawina National Park to relaxing on the white sand beaches in the seaside villages of Placencia and Hopkins.
Check out the photographs below and we hope you enjoy this recollection of the past summer in Belize.
1. Learning the fine art of cracking a coconut at Tobacco Caye Paradise Cabins
2. Spending quality family time, ziplining through the rainforest canopy at Bocawina Rainforest Resort
3. Climbing to the top of the highest temple in Belize, El Castillo at Xunantunich and enjoying the breathtaking view of Western Belize, the old waterways and Guatemala.
4. Escaping to Bocawina Rainforest Resort and enjoying the refreshing, cooler climate that the jungle canopy provides.
5. Visiting one of the best birding destinations in Belize - The Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary
The Bare-throated Tiger-Heron was walking the edge of the lagoon at Bird's Eye View Lodge, Belize. Digiscoped during the Eagle Optics/ Swarovski Optik birding tour to Belize, using an STX 95 with TLS APO 23 and Lumix GH4 camera. #eagleoptics #swarovskioptik #swarovskioptik_nature #digiscoping #swarovskioptik_travelandleisure #birding #digiscopingbirds #birdsofinstagram #birdingbelize
6. Exploring the beaches in the Garifuna fishing village of Hopkins
7. Spending some relaxing hammock time, overlooking the turquiose waters at Tobacco Caye Paradise
8. Experiencing waterfall rappelling in the Mayflower Bocawina National Park
We run small group guided adventures during our Expedition Season which runs November through May. If you are traveling between June and October, be sure to check out these year-round lodge-based adventures and unique off-the-grid lodges...great options for any time of year!