If you’re planning your travel route around Belize a flight can often be the best option in terms of convenience and price. There are currently two companies that offer domestic flights within Belize: Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
Both Maya Island Air and Tropic Air have check-in counters in the Belize International Airport (BZE) making connecting to a domestic flight seamless.
Tropic Air flies to 11 domestic destinations within Belize:
- San Pedro - SPR
- Belmopan - BCV
- Caye Caulker - CUK
- San Ignacio - CYD
- Corozal - CZH
- Dangriga - DGA
- Orange Walk - ORZ
- Placencia - PLJ
- Punta Gorda - PND
- Belize City Municipal - TZA
Tropic Air Route Map - Photo credit: Tropic Air
Maya Island Air
Maya Island Air serves 11 destination in Belize
- Caye Caulker
- Punta Gorda
- San Pedro Town
- Caye Chapel
- Kanantik (Stann Creek)
- Tower Hill (Orange Walk)
Maya Island Air Route Map - Photo credit: Maya Island Air
Belize Domestic Flight Tips
- If you know well in advance the dates you want to travel within Belize, there are sometimes promotional fares available.
- Check carefully with Tropic Air or Maya Island Air for your recommended time between connecting flights, especially if you are connecting to an international flight.
- Have your camera handy! The views of the Caribbean Sea are breathtaking as you fly over the cayes and Maya Mountains.
- Typically there is no assigned seating on these small planes. You may ask to sit in the co-pilot seat (if available) and experience the fabulous views.
Are you planning a Belize trip and need help booking your Belize domestic flights and hotel?
Our Belize adventure travel specialists can recommend the best Belize flight and hotel package for your trip.
Call 1.800.667.1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.