Protocols implemented to ensure your safety
Belize is among some of the safest destinations for international travel due to the swift and responsible measures enacted by the Belizean government. On our part, Island Expeditions has been awarded Gold Standard Tour Operator Certification by the Belize Tourism Board in recognition of these protocols. You can book with confidence that our tours are officially part of Belize's Safe Corridor.
In compliance with this program, we are implementing required hygiene and health safety measures to ensure the wellbeing of our valued guests and employees, keeping you all safe and protected from Covid-19.
Our safety and health protocols include:
- Operations Base disinfected daily
- High touch areas disinfected several times each day
- Kayak and snorkel equipment cleaned and disinfected after every paddle trip and snorkel tour
- Vehicles disinfected before each use
- Motor charter boats disinfected daily
- Guests and employees subject to temperature checks at start of each day and when boarding vehicles or transport boats
- Guests and employees must use hand sanitizer when entering vehicles or transport boats
- Social distancing of 6 feet / 2 meters is always required (except between family members)
- Masks are required at all times by law, the only exceptions are:
- On water based activities guests such as diving, snorkelling, SUP & kayaking. Guests should try to maintain 6ft distances.
- Once a guest is seated in a restaurant to eat.
- Beach locations once sufficient distance is maintained from other guests.
- Family groups may be closer than 6ft.
Suspected Covid-19 Cases
- In the event of a guest showing any Covid-19 symptoms, we will implement our Covid-19 Response Plan in cooperation with Belize Health Authorities
- If the Ministry of Health Authorities require you to quarantine, the costs associated with quarantine will need to be paid by the traveller
BELIZE TOURISM BOARD TRAVEL HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
To protect the health and well-being of both tourists and Belizeans, the Government of Belize has implemented new travel procedures:
Before You Travel to Belize
- Before you book anything, please go to this link to check the latest requirements https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
- Book travel to Belize using only approved Gold Standard Accommodations or Tour Operator
- Download the Belize Health App (links) and complete the required information 72 hours before your flight. Each traveler will be given a unique ID when completed
- Download from Apple: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1526504478
- Download for Android: https://sib.org.bz/downloads/com.gob.travelhealth.apk
- Take a Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test within 96 hours of travel -OR- Rapid Antigen, Sophia, SD Bisensor, ABBOT (Panbio) test results taken no more than 48 hours. If you are unable to bring along a negative covid test, you will be required to take a Covid test upon arrival; the cost is US$50 and takes approximately 25-30 minutes to receive your results.
- Follow all protocols of airlines and airports
- Always wear your mask throughout all airports
- Sanitize often
- Maintain Social Distancing
Arrival in Belize:
Disembark plane and proceed to health screening
Sanitize shoes and pass thermal imaging cameras. Temperature must be less than 100℉ to proceed
Verify information on the Belize health app
Verify certified COVID-19 PCR test results. If your test result is positive, health officials will isolate you and you will be transferred to an approved quarantine facility for a minimum of 14 days, at your own expense
Immigration and Customs:
- Immigration check. Maintain 6ft social distancing
- Guests proceed to baggage claim
- Guests proceed to Customs. Place bags on luggage scanners
Your stay in Belize:
- Arrival at BTB Gold Standards approved hotel
- Face masks are mandatory in all public spaces
- It has been legally mandated that everyone is required to wear a mask in public areas at all times. Non-compliance can result in one's arrest and penalties of up to $5000bz
- Belize health app daily check-in
- If you're interested in exploring Belize and the destination you're traveling to, you will not be able to do it independently. However, tours can be arranged through Island Expeditions