Traveling During the COVID19 Pandemic - Updated July 2022
Belize is open for travelers, and welcoming people each day. As of July 12th, 2022 the Belize Tourism Board advises that the Government of Belize has removed all public health measures at the points of entry in Belize (land and sea).
Current rules for travel back to or through the US no longer need a negative antigen test.
Those flying direct to Canada that are fully vaccinated do not require a negative test result to enter Canada
Protocols implemented to ensure your safety
Belize is among the safest destinations for international travel due to responsible measures enacted by the Belizean government. On our part, Island Expeditions maintains Gold Standard Tour Operator Certification issued by the Belize Tourism Board. Also our staff in Belize are 100% vaccinated.
Island Expeditions safety and health protocols include:
- Operations Base disinfected daily
- High touch areas disinfected regularly
- Vehicles disinfected regularly
- Guests and employees are asked to use sanitizer when entering buildings and vehicles
Suspected Covid-19 Cases
- In the event of a guest showing any Covid-19 symptoms, we will implement our Covid-19 Response Plan in cooperation with Belize Health Authorities
- If the Ministry of Health Authorities require you to quarantine, the costs associated with quarantine will need to be paid by the traveler and recoverable through the required Belize travel insurance.
Before You Go
Please go to this link to check the latest requirements https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
Gold Standard Certificates:
If you are traveling with us and wish to download or print off the certificates of where you are staying your first night, they can be accessed here:
- Island Expeditions (AKA Island Adventures) - Cert 000197
- Bocawina Eco-Tours & Adventures - Cert 000175
- Bocawina Rainforest Resort (AKA Mama Noots Eco Resort) – Cert 000595
- Tobacco Caye Paradise Cabins – Cert 000332
- Cahal Pech Resort - Cert 000295
- Crystal Paradise resort - Cert 000405
- Birdseye View Lodge - Certified 000427
- Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza - Cert 000001